Fire up the grill and give your taste buds a little “south-of-the-border” flavor!
Sizzling Grilled Chicken Fajitas
6 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1 tortilla)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine first 5 ingredients; reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Combine remaining marinade and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and cover and grill 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add reserved 1/4 cup marinade, and cook 2 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices; add to vegetable mixture.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, upside down, over high heat for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn pan over, and add chicken mixture. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture immediately with warm tortillas, salsa, and sour cream.
Courtesy of myrecipes.com