What better way to kick off the holiday season than with new family traditions? Here are five ways to make sure your Thanksgiving is festive and full of bonding, laughter, and delicious goodness!
1. Grill Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Free up your oven, get rid of the mess, and add a delicious smoky flavor to your turkey this year. Grilling your turkey is a sure fire way to prepare a tender and juicy Thanksgiving entrée! See recipe…
2. Decorate the Christmas Tree
Thanksgiving is the start of the holiday season. What better time to start decorating than when you’re surrounded by friends and family? Break out the carols, the ornaments handed down through the family, the delicious food, and start a tradition this year that will create years of laughter and memories.
3. Create a Memory Video
Looking for a creative new way to share favorite memories and thankful moments from the past year? Grab the camera and make a video, going around the table so every person is included. Don’t forget to include your aspirations for the upcoming year! Keep the video to play next year before making a new one. This is a great way to keep and share loving memories with your family.
4. Leave the Phones at the Door
In this fast paced world, we sometimes forget to slow down and enjoy the time spent with our families. Try going on a Tech Fast this Thanksgiving, and take the time to bond and connect with your friends and family. Have a basket handy for the phones and ask your guests to join in. It’s surprising how much time you’ll have when you’re not interrupted with the digital world. Read more…
5. Volunteer for a Local Charity
Give back to your community and help those in need this holiday season.
- Food Drive – Bring your neighborhood or community together by organizing a food drive to help support your local food pantry or shelter.
- Donate toys – Bring a smile and a little comfort to a sick child while they are recovering in the hospital.
- Visit an assisted living home – Make someone’s day by visiting those who are missing their loved ones during the holiday season.
For more ideas on how or where to volunteer, visit HandsOn Suburban Chicago to locate an charity near you.tychay via photopin cc
: Another Pint Please… via photopin cc