Low carb and gluten free, these delicious steaks are sure to please the whole crowd!
Melissa Sevigney from I Breathe I’m Hungry has once again wowed our taste buds with her recipe for Grilled Ribeye Steak with Gorgonzola Butter. This simple recipe, a blend of butter, Gorgonzola cheese, parsley, and garlic, is bursting with flavor. Low carb and gluten-free, these delicious steaks are sure to please the whole crowd! But don’t take our word for it; light up the grill and try them for yourself.
See the full recipe…
Easy grilling recipes for chicken, beef, brats, and vegetables!
Labor Day Weekend is right around the corner – and with it comes the grilling and cookouts. What better time to entertain on your deck or patio? The team at Archadeck of Chicagoland loves spending time in the backyard with our friends and family, especially when it gives us an excuse to fire up the grill! We’ve rounded up some easy and delicious Labor Day grilling recipes for you. Find your favorite recipes and wow your friends with your spectacular grilling skills!
Grilled Chicken Recipes
Chili Lime Chicken
Full of flavor with a hint of spicy – this juicy chicken recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Continue reading “Labor Day Recipes – Grilling Recipe Roundup by Archadeck of Chicagoland”
Celebrate warm spring weather with our collection of Top 10 Grilling Recipes!
The weather in Chicagoland is finally turning warm. What better way to celebrate the coming of warmer spring temps than by firing up the grill and enjoying delicious, flavorful food with your friends and family!
Continue reading “Top 10 Grilling Recipes for Spring 2015”
Expertly blended flavors boast of a smoked provolone cheese sauce, caramelized onions, and mushroom caps. Low carb and gluten free, this Philly Cheese Steak recipe is sure to please the whole crowd!
When it comes to unique and tasty recipes, Melissa Sevigney on I Breathe I’m Hungry wins the prize. This month we’re featuring her scrumptious Philly Cheese Steak Meatball recipe. This recipe takes the already tasty Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Expertly blended flavors boast of a smoked provolone cheese sauce, caramelized onions, and mushroom caps. Low carb and gluten free, this recipe is sure to please the whole crowd!
See the full recipe here.
Free up your oven, get rid of the mess, and add a delicious smoky flavor to your turkey this year. Grilling your turkey is a sure fire way to prepare a tender and juicy Thanksgiving entrée!
Grilled Thanksgiving Turkey
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 4 hours
12 pounds whole turkey
2 cups water
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Rinse turkey, and pat dry.
2. Place turkey breast side down on the prepared grill. Sear turkey on both sides until skin is golden to dark brown.
3. In a large roasting pan, mix together the water, bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, and paprika.
4. Place turkey breast side down in the roasting pan. Scoop the pan mixture over the turkey. Cover tightly with foil and place on grill.
5. Grill 3 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com
Celebrate the changing of the seasons with the scrumptious desserts and treats, savory dishes, and sweet refreshments!
SCRUMPTIOUS DESSERTS & TREATS
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
These soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies won’t last long, a double batch might be in order!
Apple Cider Bread
Treat your taste buds to the warm, sweet Autumn flavors.
Apple Pie Fudge
Decadent fudge + Sweet apple pie = Flavorful explosions!
Healthy Orange Jack-O-Lantern Cups
Delicious and healthy Halloween treat the kids are sure to love!
Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream
Spiced buttercream tops off this sweet and savory blend of pumpkin and ginger.
Spooky Boo Brownies
These adorable little ghosts are too sweet to be scary!
Butternut Squash Risotto
Switch up the flavor of your risotto by adding tasty seasonal flavors!
Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops
Fire up the grill for these juicy and delicious pork chops!
Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
A Fall favorite recipe – savory and sweet
Easy Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Healthy and delicious, this recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
Apple Cider Sangria
Crisp and delicious, this drink is the perfect refreshment for a beautiful Fall evening.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
These warm and tasty drinks usher in the new season. Skip the line at the coffee shop and make your own!
Hocus Pocus Fizz
Bubbly fizz, colored sugar, floating cranberries….what more could you want in a tasty Halloween beverage?
Looking for easy and delicious? This flavorful marinade, with hints of lemon and garlic, preps and cooks in a pinch. Serve up scrumptious, smoky salmon for dinner tonight!
Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 16 min Marinade Time: 2 hours
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for medium heat.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe & Photo courtesy of Allrecipes.com
Looking for the perfect gift for the awesome Dad in your life? Here are five unique gift ideas that are sure to make his Fathers Day a memorable one!
Showcase your favorite brews in this rustic, handcrafted beer caddy.
Can you ever go wrong with bacon and chocolate? These tasty treats are perfect for the bacon loving dad!
Perfect for the grill master who loves to knock his guests’ taste buds out of the park!
Unique and creative DIY Branch Coasters for the outdoor lover.
Give Dad a timeless gift that won’t fail to pull at his heart-strings; perfect for the hardworking family man.
Wow your friends and family with these sweet, tangy, fall-off-the-bone ribs. Everyone will want to know your secret ingredient!
Root Beer Ribs
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- 1 bottle (2 liters) root beer
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ribs in large baking dish (I use my big roasting pan. I also generally cut each rack in half so I can get everything nestled in the pan easier). Pour all but 1 cup root beer over ribs. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons salt over ribs; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight, turning once if possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove ribs from root beer and pat dry with paper towel. Discard root beer in pan; wipe pan dry. Place ribs back into pan. Add 1 cup water; cover tightly with foil. Cook 2 hours or until meat is nearly falling off the bone.
- Meanwhile, make Root Beer Barbecue Sauce: In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is soft, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients (including reserved 1 cup root beer and 1/2 teaspoon salt); heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Just before ribs hit the 2 hour mark in the oven, preheat grill for indirect grilling over medium-high heat. Put bones on cooler side of grill, bone side down. Brush with some Root Beer Barbecue Sauce and cook 10 to 15 minutes, then flip. Brush with sauce again and cook until ribs are lightly charred and meat is falling off bone. Serve with any remaining sauce. Bring wet-naps to the table.
Recipe courtesy of foxeslovelemons.com
Fire up the grill and give your taste buds a little “south-of-the-border” flavor!
Sizzling Grilled Chicken Fajitas
6 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1 tortilla)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine first 5 ingredients; reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Combine remaining marinade and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and cover and grill 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add reserved 1/4 cup marinade, and cook 2 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices; add to vegetable mixture.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, upside down, over high heat for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn pan over, and add chicken mixture. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture immediately with warm tortillas, salsa, and sour cream.
Courtesy of myrecipes.com