Easy grilling recipes for chicken, beef, brats, and vegetables!
Labor Day Weekend is right around the corner – and with it comes the grilling and cookouts. What better time to entertain on your deck or patio? The team at Archadeck of Chicagoland loves spending time in the backyard with our friends and family, especially when it gives us an excuse to fire up the grill! We’ve rounded up some easy and delicious Labor Day grilling recipes for you. Find your favorite recipes and wow your friends with your spectacular grilling skills!
Grilled Chicken Recipes
Chili Lime Chicken
Full of flavor with a hint of spicy – this juicy chicken recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Continue reading “Labor Day Recipes – Grilling Recipe Roundup by Archadeck of Chicagoland”
Celebrate warm spring weather with our collection of Top 10 Grilling Recipes!
The weather in Chicagoland is finally turning warm. What better way to celebrate the coming of warmer spring temps than by firing up the grill and enjoying delicious, flavorful food with your friends and family!
Continue reading “Top 10 Grilling Recipes for Spring 2015”
Come share in the excitement of our Spring Launch at the local Chicagoland Home Shows!
Last month Archadeck of Chicagoland announced the debut of Casuwel, a new outdoor furniture line. Come share in the excitement of our Spring Launch at the local Chicagoland Home Shows!
Come see our outdoor furniture display at one of the local home shows and experience the beauty and comfort for yourself. If you’re looking for a deal, we are offering a complimentary Luminary with the sets and a $250 discount if you make a purchase at the show.
Continue reading “Archadeck of Chicagoland’s Spring Launch of Casuwel Features Home Show Deals”
Casuwel features four collections of beautifully rich weaves, dozens of famous Sunbrella® fabrics, and stunning luminous accents.
Casuwel features four high quality
collections of beautifully rich weaves, dozens of famous Sunbrella® fabrics, and stunning luminous accents. Meticulously handcrafted to meet our exacting standards, Casuwel assures maximum longevity, performance, and comfort in the most demanding of outdoor climates.
Archadeck of Chicagoland is offering preferred pricing with a 10% – 15% discount. Call today to speak with a Design Consultant at (847) 749-2373.
Crisp, clean, sweeping lines accentuate this beautifully rich collection, as welcome and refreshing as a fresh ocean breeze.
As seen in and around the finest ocean side homes and cottages in the Carolinas, this cozy collection is as stunning as it is comfortable.
Substantially proportioned for comfort and high style in a classic, time-honored sophisticated style.
Our bestselling line, featuring beautifully paired suites for entertaining, conversation and dining, to complement an outdoor or indoor décor.
Cushion Fabrics & Decorator Pillows
Our exclusive Casuwel furniture cushions and decorator pillows come in your choice of select Sunbrella® outdoor fabrics. Decorator square pillows come in both 20-inch and 24-inch sizes.
What better way to complete your outdoor décor than with the finest outdoor rugs available anywhere, in a host of colorful designs and the most requested sizes.
Have it made in the shade with your choice of shape, style, and color with our wonderful assortment of 9-foot round, 11-foot round, rectangular and cantilever umbrellas to choose from.
Our newest addition to the Casuwel line of outdoor furniture and accessories, these exquisitely innovative contemporary light forms will add just the right amount of ambient light for evening outdoor conversations.
White Glove Delivery & Setup Service
Impeccable delivery, unpacking, placement and packaging removal.
If you’re interested in viewing furniture or placing an order, please contact Archadeck of Chicagoland at (847) 749-2373.
Expertly blended flavors boast of a smoked provolone cheese sauce, caramelized onions, and mushroom caps. Low carb and gluten free, this Philly Cheese Steak recipe is sure to please the whole crowd!
When it comes to unique and tasty recipes, Melissa Sevigney on I Breathe I’m Hungry wins the prize. This month we’re featuring her scrumptious Philly Cheese Steak Meatball recipe. This recipe takes the already tasty Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Expertly blended flavors boast of a smoked provolone cheese sauce, caramelized onions, and mushroom caps. Low carb and gluten free, this recipe is sure to please the whole crowd!
See the full recipe here.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 13,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 5 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
What better way to kick off the holiday season than with new family traditions? Here are five ways to make sure your Thanksgiving is festive and full of bonding, laughter, and delicious goodness!
1. Grill Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Free up your oven, get rid of the mess, and add a delicious smoky flavor to your turkey this year. Grilling your turkey is a sure fire way to prepare a tender and juicy Thanksgiving entrée! See recipe…
2. Decorate the Christmas Tree
Thanksgiving is the start of the holiday season. What better time to start decorating than when you’re surrounded by friends and family? Break out the carols, the ornaments handed down through the family, the delicious food, and start a tradition this year that will create years of laughter and memories.
3. Create a Memory Video
Looking for a creative new way to share favorite memories and thankful moments from the past year? Grab the camera and make a video, going around the table so every person is included. Don’t forget to include your aspirations for the upcoming year! Keep the video to play next year before making a new one. This is a great way to keep and share loving memories with your family.
4. Leave the Phones at the Door
In this fast paced world, we sometimes forget to slow down and enjoy the time spent with our families. Try going on a Tech Fast this Thanksgiving, and take the time to bond and connect with your friends and family. Have a basket handy for the phones and ask your guests to join in. It’s surprising how much time you’ll have when you’re not interrupted with the digital world. Read more…
5. Volunteer for a Local Charity
Give back to your community and help those in need this holiday season.
- Food Drive – Bring your neighborhood or community together by organizing a food drive to help support your local food pantry or shelter.
- Donate toys – Bring a smile and a little comfort to a sick child while they are recovering in the hospital.
- Visit an assisted living home – Make someone’s day by visiting those who are missing their loved ones during the holiday season.
For more ideas on how or where to volunteer, visit HandsOn Suburban Chicago to locate an charity near you.
tychay via photopin cc
: Another Pint Please… via photopin cc
Free up your oven, get rid of the mess, and add a delicious smoky flavor to your turkey this year. Grilling your turkey is a sure fire way to prepare a tender and juicy Thanksgiving entrée!
Grilled Thanksgiving Turkey
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 4 hours
12 pounds whole turkey
2 cups water
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Rinse turkey, and pat dry.
2. Place turkey breast side down on the prepared grill. Sear turkey on both sides until skin is golden to dark brown.
3. In a large roasting pan, mix together the water, bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, and paprika.
4. Place turkey breast side down in the roasting pan. Scoop the pan mixture over the turkey. Cover tightly with foil and place on grill.
5. Grill 3 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com
Fall is here, with its brightly colored leaves, crisp air, and cooler temperatures. Many are thinking about packing up and preparing their decks and patios for the cold winter months. At Archadeck, we are not only still building, but we are already planning for next spring. If you’re thinking it’s time add a new screen porch or patio, or update your weathered deck, now is the time to start planning.
- Choosing to build during the fall and winter months means you’ll have less of a wait time than during the spring and summer months.
- Less imposition on your daily life. Families tend to spend more time indoors during the winter months. This makes it the perfect time to let the carpenters into the backyard to do their digging and building without being in your way.
- Extend the time you can spend outside. Not ready to bundle up inside yet? According to the latest trends, many homeowners agree. We are seeing an increasing number of requests for outdoor fireplaces and fire pits. The warmth of a fire allows you to spend more time outside when the weather grows cooler.
- A winter build just isn’t for you? That’s ok! Now is the perfect time to find a contractor and lock in this year’s pricing. This will help you to avoid the price increases often seen in early spring.
- Planning your spring build now ensures your project is at the top of the list. As soon as the ground thaws, you’re project will be ready to go. Instead of spending your spring and summer vetting contractors and waiting on the completion of your project, your deck or patio will already be in place and ready to use.
Celebrate the changing of the seasons with the scrumptious desserts and treats, savory dishes, and sweet refreshments!
SCRUMPTIOUS DESSERTS & TREATS
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
These soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies won’t last long, a double batch might be in order!
Apple Cider Bread
Treat your taste buds to the warm, sweet Autumn flavors.
Apple Pie Fudge
Decadent fudge + Sweet apple pie = Flavorful explosions!
Healthy Orange Jack-O-Lantern Cups
Delicious and healthy Halloween treat the kids are sure to love!
Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream
Spiced buttercream tops off this sweet and savory blend of pumpkin and ginger.
Spooky Boo Brownies
These adorable little ghosts are too sweet to be scary!
Butternut Squash Risotto
Switch up the flavor of your risotto by adding tasty seasonal flavors!
Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops
Fire up the grill for these juicy and delicious pork chops!
Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
A Fall favorite recipe – savory and sweet
Easy Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Healthy and delicious, this recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
Apple Cider Sangria
Crisp and delicious, this drink is the perfect refreshment for a beautiful Fall evening.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
These warm and tasty drinks usher in the new season. Skip the line at the coffee shop and make your own!
Hocus Pocus Fizz
Bubbly fizz, colored sugar, floating cranberries….what more could you want in a tasty Halloween beverage?