Fall is here, with its brightly colored leaves, crisp air, and cooler temperatures. Many are thinking about packing up and preparing their decks and patios for the cold winter months. At Archadeck, we are not only still building, but we are already planning for next spring. If you’re thinking it’s time add a new screen porch or patio, or update your weathered deck, now is the time to start planning.
- Choosing to build during the fall and winter months means you’ll have less of a wait time than during the spring and summer months.
- Less imposition on your daily life. Families tend to spend more time indoors during the winter months. This makes it the perfect time to let the carpenters into the backyard to do their digging and building without being in your way.
- Extend the time you can spend outside. Not ready to bundle up inside yet? According to the latest trends, many homeowners agree. We are seeing an increasing number of requests for outdoor fireplaces and fire pits. The warmth of a fire allows you to spend more time outside when the weather grows cooler.
- A winter build just isn’t for you? That’s ok! Now is the perfect time to find a contractor and lock in this year’s pricing. This will help you to avoid the price increases often seen in early spring.
- Planning your spring build now ensures your project is at the top of the list. As soon as the ground thaws, you’re project will be ready to go. Instead of spending your spring and summer vetting contractors and waiting on the completion of your project, your deck or patio will already be in place and ready to use.