Learn how to keep your family and pets safe with these important fire pit safety tips.
Backyard fire pits are a rising trend among outdoor living spaces. Fire pits conveniently provide a way to enjoy the backyard during cooler weather and are perfect for homeowners who enjoy entertaining or spending time outside with their family. A warm fire creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere, whether you’re curling up quietly under the stars or laughing with a group of friends. Ensure everyone has a good time and stays safe by implementing these important safety tools.
Continue reading “Fire Pit Safety Tips from Archadeck of Chicagoland”
Deciding to add a fire pit to your outdoor living space is exciting! At first thought, a fire pit seems a quick and easy decision. But when you start researching, the seemingly infinite options begin to feel daunting. At Archadeck of Chicagoland, we know fire pits! Perhaps we can offer some information that will help determine your best fire feature. Let’s start with the basic wood and gas burning fire pits.
Wood Burning Fire Pits
If you’re looking for an authentic campfire atmosphere, a wood burning fire pit is a good way to go. The smoky smell and the popping and crackling of the wood helps the bustling world around you fall away. Life is good when you’re roasting marshmallows and laughing with your friends and family around the fire.
Wood Burning Pros
- Larger fires
- Wood is inexpensive
- Affordable to install
- Enhanced ambiance
Wood Burning Cons
- Starting a fire takes effort and can be time-consuming
- Cleaning up ashes after fire and can also be time consuming
- Blowing smoke
Natural Gas Fire Pits
Natural gas fire pits give you the warm, glowing ambience we enjoy when gathered around a fire with the ease of flipping a switch. Natural gas is a much cleaner burn and creates less smoke and flying sparks, making it great option for environments where children are present or for those bothered by smoke.
Natural Gas Pros
- Light or extinguish fire with the flip of a switch
- Minimal to no cleanup
- Adds relaxing ambiance with minimal effort
- Cleaner burn, less smoke
Natural Gas Cons
- Smaller fires
- Gas line must be installed
- More expensive than wood
Looking to add a little pizzaz to your fire pit or fireplace? Fire glass creates a stunning look and is easy to work with. This heat tempered glass is processed through a tumbler to prevent sharp edges. Because it doesn’t burn or break down, you can use them for years. Fire Glass is used to replace gas logs. The glass will instantly transform your living space with flames dancing above the dazzling fire glass.
Fire Glass Pros
- No toxic fumes, smoke, ash, or soot
- Multiple sizes and colors of fire glass for you to choose from.
- Tempered glass chips last longer, do not burn, melt, or discolor.
- Radiate 3-4 times more heat with its reflective surface than wood or ceramic logs.
Fire Glass Cons
- As with all glass products, there is the risk of breaking pieces if mishandled. When re-installing after moving, there may be some glass sediment or broken pieces at the bottom of your container.
If you are considering adding an outdoor living space to your backyard, give us a call. You can reach us at (847) 749-2373 or sign up for a Free Design Consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!