Celebrate warm spring weather with our collection of Top 10 Grilling Recipes!
The weather in Chicagoland is finally turning warm. What better way to celebrate the coming of warmer spring temps than by firing up the grill and enjoying delicious, flavorful food with your friends and family!
Continue reading “Top 10 Grilling Recipes for Spring 2015”
Fire up the grill and give your taste buds a little “south-of-the-border” flavor!
Sizzling Grilled Chicken Fajitas
6 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1 tortilla)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine first 5 ingredients; reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Combine remaining marinade and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and cover and grill 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add reserved 1/4 cup marinade, and cook 2 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices; add to vegetable mixture.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, upside down, over high heat for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn pan over, and add chicken mixture. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture immediately with warm tortillas, salsa, and sour cream.
Courtesy of myrecipes.com
Looking for something scrumptious to serve at your next outdoor party? Kristen Berryhill has shared this delicious salsa recipe. Fresh herbs mixed with peppers, tomatoes, and black beans will leave your mouth bursting with flavor. Every ingredient adds its own unique flavor, so don’t leave anything out. It’s time to fire up the grill, bring out the chips, set up your patio or deck, and wow your guests with this amazing recipe!
1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained
1 box (10 oz.) frozen corn
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
4-6 Serrano chilies de-seeded and diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes
Juice from one fresh lime
1 bunch scallions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 avocado, diced
½ to 1 small red onion, diced
Mix it all together and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Kristen Berryhill